(meteorobs) Observation October 30/31 2005 from Slovenia

javor.kac at guest.arnes.si javor.kac at guest.arnes.si
Thu Nov 3 13:03:11 EST 2005

Last week Slovenia was under low lying clouds. On Sunday evening I
decided to check if the top of Pohorje Mountain was above the clouds.
I was extremely lucky to find a location with reasonably good field of
view at 1500 m elevation was just above the fog (I have checked a few
locations and even the one at 1480 m was still foggy).
With most of the Slovenia covered by clouds, the sky was magnificently
dark and transparent. Unfortunately the weather did not hold - after
about an hour the fog lifted and only allowed a few more moments of
observation. After waiting for more than an hour for the weather to
improve again, and being soaking wet, I have decided to head back home.
The meteors were numerous with the Taurids being the predominant
shower. Some late Orionids were also seen.
No bright meteors were seen during the Teff. While I was lying in the
fog I saw a magnitude -2 Taurid that shot to the west from Mars.

Clear skies!
Javor

The Summary: