(meteorobs) Bright Meteor Over El Paso, TX

Jim Gamble jagamble at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 4 23:46:37 EST 2005

Hi Wayne,
  I calibrated Sentinel on a full moon (known value of -12.7). An amplitude number is generated and that serves as the base for an Excel formula. I've compared my values with that of a Sandia camera calibrated with a photometer and am within .01 mag so event brightness using the "moon method" is accurate. Hope this helps. BTW Ernie Iverson in L.A. uses the same methodology. I can send the Excel chart of this event to your e-mail if you'd like to see it.
Regards,
Jim Gamble