(meteorobs) Circular meteor ?

Lyytinen Esko Esko.Lyytinen at MINEDU.FI
Wed Nov 9 02:20:43 EST 2005

Hi Karl and all,

I quite recently received here in Finland a fireball observation that
resembles this. The fireball was also observed by others with normal
appearance.
I had the next explanation in my mind, not sure if this is the correct
explanation.
The person did not have his eyes properly focused and maybe had some
cataract in his eyes near the certer of the eye-lens.

Actually I myself have some cataract im my right eye near the center and
when looking with my right eye bright objects like distant street lights
as not correctly focused, I see these more or less circular, dark
inside.

Clear skies!
Esko

Hi all meteor observers !

I just have one question about an odd French observation of something in
the sky, that looks like a meteor with its apparent path and speed, but
looked like a circular orange/red object, and dark inside.
Has anyone ever seen something like that ?

Thanks in advance for your answers !
Clear skies !
Karl

---