(meteorobs) Can a meteor still be glowing when it hits Earth?

jack jack.janssen at paradise.net.nz
Thu Nov 10 15:14:27 EST 2005

Hi I am brand new to this site, and joined to get an answer to what hit our
car windscreen with an huge explosion. Your layman's guess is based on
hearsay and not an fair answer too genuine question. This is the type of
answer I have had from professionals with PhDs. If something hit the planet
at 90 degree how many miles of atmosphere and split seconds before this hits
the ground. Would this cool down? I know for sure it does not as the impact
left enough evidence to prove it was playable while some particles must have
been solid. What hit us (iron) was very small the damage to the windscreen
is only 3mm wide and 9 mm long.