(meteorobs) geminids

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Thu Nov 17 15:54:37 EST 2005

>From: "Izidor Pelajic" <iaspelajic at hotmail.com>
>
> Hi, everyone!
> Any thoughts about this year's geminids? Conditions are going to be
> far from ideal, but do you thinck it will worth getting cold ? :)
>
> Izidor

Sorry for the bad English.

With the Full Moon the 15 December, we have this year a cut off
of all non luminous meteors and then the ZHR shall be very low,
this it's not a problem because we can normalize the observations
with the limit magnitude but for to do this we need observe
at minimum meteors of 5 class of magnitude and for each class
we must have a number not low of meteors and this for each observer,
the problem then it's to can observe a good number of luminous
meteor, if we can to do this we can to have a reliable scientific
observation in other case we have only enjoied to see meteors.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli