(meteorobs) Red LED Watch?

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Fri Nov 11 10:19:12 EST 2005

>> If anyone should send you a better option, please do
>  me a favor and forward
> it to me.  I have had a red LED watchface  attached
> to my telescope mount for
> years, but it has finally  given up the ghost.  I'd
> love to replace it, but
> don't want  to spend $55 to do it!
>
> Dave Hostetter<<

You folks might want to consider getting a "Talking Clock". I use to use  one
while meteor watching. I just set it next to my cot and when I seen a
meteor, I would hit the button on top and it would verbally say what time it  was.
You didn't have to turn your head away to hear the time. You could keep  your
eyes glued to a certain spot in the sky so you won't lose your fix. Also
there's no loss to night vision.
George Zay