(meteorobs) meteorobs (sighting in Arizona)

gmastry gmastry at peoplepc.com
Fri Nov 18 20:51:23 EST 2005

On Nov. 5th our Astronomy Club got togeather with the employees of Boyce Thompsom Arboretum, east of Phoenix, as they let us view in their dark out-of-the way site once a month and we reciprocate by having a private viewing and they have a picnic. As I was setting someone in my chair to observe, a bright object burst across from East to West, leaving a long trail. The response was loud and for most employees the first 'shooting star' they and their kids had ever seen. I heard someone ask "does this happen often?" George Mastry in Apache Junction, Arizona