(meteorobs) OT: Early years of meteor observations in the USA

Steven Kolins smkolins at mac.com
Sun Nov 20 10:26:31 EST 2005

On Nov 20, 2005, at 8:46 AM, Richard Taibi wrote:

> I would like to invite anyone who has not read it to do so, at:
>
> http://www.amsmeteors.org/about.html#early

I also think dwelling on the 1833 storm worth more space... clearly
it affected many people and therefore it lent an impetus to the study
as something not just awe inspiring. But it was awe inspiring. Slave
owners thought it was the end of the world and Lakota Indians can
synchronize their oral histories based on that event they all have in
common. This goes way beyond simply being noteworthy. This is on par
with the Bayeux Tapestry showing Halley's Comet.

Steven Kolins
mailto:smkolins at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/smkolins/
Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart!
They that believe in vain thoughts forsake their own mercy.