(meteorobs) Re: after data gathering

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Mon Nov 21 02:22:13 EST 2005

Actually the main goal of meteor observers should be to share and compare
data with other observers. While computing your own ZHR is interesting, it
is of limited value as we all have are own perceptions and observing
conditions. I find it interesting to calculate the average magnitude for
each shower, along with angular velocity. But these numbers alone have
little value. Only when many sets of data can be compared does the true
nature of a shower appear.

Clear Skies!

Robert Lunsford