(meteorobs) hollow earth theory anyone?

Charles O'Dale codale0806 at rogers.com
Fri Nov 25 12:55:01 EST 2005

We can put this under the quack quack science file.

The article about craters "proving" the hollow earth:

http://www.hollowearththeory.com/articles/impactCraters.asp

..... is an excellent example of doing pseudoscience and avoiding all that
hard mathematics.

The author of this pseudoscience "forgot" the energy formula of impacts:

e = 1/2 mv^2

... and what that would do to the target bedrock (IE: large scale melting -
to a depth of >100 km at Sudbury).

BTW, the energy formula explains why most craters are round. The exceptions
are when there is a very low angle of impact.

Chuck

Charles O'Dale
Meeting Chair
Ottawa RASC