(meteorobs) hollow earth theory anyone?

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 25 13:22:24 EST 2005

Interestingly enough, Martin Gardner, who wrote the Mathematical Recreations
column for Sci Am magazine for years, and is by no means a slouch at
science, considred something like this years ago. He has an article in his
book "On the Wild Side", which discusses a propoal made some time around the
beginning of the previous century by Cyrus Teed ("Koresch") that we live
inside a hollow earth. Mathematically it is feasible. However, the catch is
that the complexity of whole idea is so great that it is highly unlikely
that nature would produce something so fanciful. The book deals many pseudo
and fraudulent science notions. It's really funny. One of the chapters is
titled "Some Grandfatherly Advice To Tammy Faye Baker." There's a similar
title directed to Cal Thomas (Conservative commentator) on the Big Bang. The
whole book is a worthwile read.