(meteorobs) meteors last night from a tight radant

Lyytinen Esko Esko.Lyytinen at MINEDU.FI
Thu Oct 6 07:30:24 EDT 2005

Hi,

This is only a short notice now. I expect to write more on this later (but maybe not very soon, because go to travel in the weekend).

Jarmo Moilanen analyzed his last night fireball camera observations that were captured with the UfoCapture program.
His camera is situted at roughly 65 N, 25 E, (don't have here now his more precise location). The camera is looking South.

Eleven meteors out of total 19, seemed to come from a single radiant of no more than a few degrees wide.

The derived radiant is in RA 162, dec +79 and the meteors seemed to be relatively fast.
They were quite bright with two around -5 .
Most were in the evening or local midnight, centered maybe around 19 UT, (first 17:06 (after dark enough) and last 22:41UT)

Unfortunately I had my own fireball camera down (for refocusing etc) for about two hour in the evening and then it became cloudy here i Helsinki 60.25 N, 25.0 E (my camera looking North).
It became clear in the morning hours. I am now in my work and do not know yet if there are meteor of this "shower" that were captured by two or more cameras, Jarmo's and/or possibly Illka Yrjölä's and/or mine. I hope that there are and we can compute good solar sytem orbits.

Possibly others observed something of this as well .. Don't know yet, if anythong special is seen in my radio ms-data.

Esko