(meteorobs) mammatus clouds do precede tornadoes

Eric Bynum bynum_9 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 8 20:07:44 EDT 2005

Dear meteorobs.org subscribers:
       Although mammatus clouds are not rare (as are lenticular clouds, for
example, which have been known to generate UFO sighting reports), their
appearance in the Midwestern U. S. is generally regarded as a warning that
tornadoes may soon follow.    This is especially true during the spring
and/or summer months in the Northern Hemisphere.

Eric Bynum, Independence, MO, USA
Bynum_9 at hotmail.com