(meteorobs) Meteor Count

Jan Verfl verfl.meteors at seznam.cz
Tue Oct 11 07:42:37 EDT 2005

Hello,

as far as I know, It really does not matter too much, if the meteors are
"the same". Anyway, when observing in a group, you all see the same meteors
but have to report them strictly personally! I The goal of visual counting
is to determine, how many meteors would an (in fact rigorouzly defined)
average observer see on (specified) idealized conditions rahther than to
count individual meteros that really have fallen. If one is than anywhy
interested in the overall amount of fallen material, it is then reasonable
just to recalculate this number (referring to the perception area of a
single observer) to the whole globe, taking into account various effect,
such as radiant altitude etc.

Jan Verfl