(meteorobs) about the Draconid outburst...

Michel Vandeputte michelvandeputte at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 15 07:02:56 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Yesterday evening I saw the IMO circular about the 2005 Draconid outburst. I was completely surprised about that !
How is it possible that no one,  visual or radio observers, did report as fast as possible this enhanced Draconid activity ? We all knew that the Draconids were able to produce some extra activity this year..
Sadly, I stayed that evening at home. There were to many clouds and fog in Western Belgium. I checked my mails after work and found nothing about possible  enhanced Draconid activity. But if I was informed about the enhancement in time ; I would have crashed by car as fast as possible into better conditions to observe some Draconids. We do live in 2005 with internet, email  and all that stuff...?

Long trains and up to the Taurid fireball nights !

Michel