(meteorobs) about the Draconid outburst...

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Sat Oct 15 08:43:37 EDT 2005

>From: "Mikhail Maslov" <ast0 at mail.ru>

> Hello, Michel and all,
>
> To observe this outburst you needed:
> 1) Some observers noticed it at the beginning phase and instead of
> continuing observations connected to the Internet to send a notifying
> message.
> 2) You read this message very soon after its sending.
> 3) You "crashed by car as fast as possible" to find a suitable place
> for observation.
> I think its too much for 3-4 hours, during which the outburst was
> going on.
>
> I also hope for some Taurid fireballs show this year.
>
> Best regards, Mikhail Maslov

I think it's near impossible, the only time that occurred
was when I saw the June Bootids in 1998 and coming at home
in the morning (TMEC) I alerted American observers: I choised
to alert Californians because I thought that in the East
Coast of USA was not possible go in time out of the cities
and observe. But the June Bootids are an exception because
their maximum was over a days, in general a maximum its
not more one hour.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli