(meteorobs) 55.25 mhz radio echoes

Ed Totman etotman at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 16 13:28:20 EDT 2005

I captured the following images centered on the
channel 2 tv video carrier at 55.25 mhz.  I see what I
believe to be meteor echoes above and below the
carrier, along with varying atmospheric noise.  I
think this image shows

a) echoes from a single tv transmitter with meteors
trails at different positions in the sky or
b) echoes from different tv transmitters at a variety
of distances from my antenna

What do you think?

Is this the correct group to discuss meteor radio
echoes?  I don't want to waste bandwidth if no one is
interested.

equipment:
homebrew 55mhz antenna
broadband +16db amp