(meteorobs) mythology

Donna German donnagerman at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 18 08:48:32 EDT 2005

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but we have a children's picture book
that introduces meteors and meteor showers to children through a fictional
story - Pieces of Another World. The story follows a young child and her
father as they venture out in the middle of the night to watch a meteor
shower. The scientific material presented in the story and in the
educational supplement, "For Creative Minds" were checked for accuracy by
the Education Department at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Facilities and the
book was reviewed by several members of this very list. In addition to it
being a sweet family story, the "For Creative Minds" section is loaded with
fun crafts, a meteor cookie baking exercise and lots of fun facts to help
children learn more about meteors, comets and asteroids.

You can preview the book at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0976494329/qid=1129639906/sr=8
-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-7127416-6476162?v=glance
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0976494329/qid=1129639906/sr=
8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-7127416-6476162?v=glance&s=books&n=507846>
&s=books&n=507846

 Donna

Sylvan Dell Publishing

Donna Rathmell German

www.SylvanDellPublishing.com

to subscribe to an educational support e-newsletter, send a blank e-mail
message with "subscribe" in the subject line to:
EducationalServices at SylvanDellPublishing.com