(meteorobs) Stone at Mecca

Matson, Robert ROBERT.D.MATSON at saic.com
Thu Oct 20 16:16:43 EDT 2005

In my opinion, that stone at the Ka'aba at Mecca is not a
meteorite.  The color is completely wrong for either a stone
or iron meteorite that fell (or was found) so long ago.  An
iron would be rusty; a stone meteorite would not be black.

I suppose I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it's a
tektite -- at least that would make it a temporary space
rock... ;-)  --Rob