(meteorobs) Stone at Mecca

MARK BOSTICK thebigcollector at msn.com
Thu Oct 20 16:39:44 EDT 2005

Hello Rob and List,

Rob noted, "I suppose I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it's a
tektite -- at least that would make it a temporary space rock... ;-)"

It is written that when they stole the stone back, it is the middle-east
now, that the stone was varified because it floated on water.  Neither
meteorites or tektites float.  It is possible that a tektite, with a very
very large bubble it in might float.

I don't think many scientifically minded meteorite people think it is a
meteorite.

Non-Muslins can not enter the city, and due to its symbolism, I doult we
will ever know.  It is in a very strange cabinet, which you might find a
photograph of on-line, I can't remember where I saw it.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com
www.kansasmeteoritesociety.com