(meteorobs) Re: Orionids in bright Moon light

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Mon Oct 24 15:52:24 EDT 2005

Jason and All,

Actually most meteors are never seen in the constellation for which they are
named. Orionid meteors will all trace back to a common area in Orion but are
actually seen all over the sky, usually far away from Orion. The next major
shower will occur on December 13/14, when the Geminids reach maximum
activity under a full moon. Until then there are the Taurids (active now),
Leonids (active Nov. 17-19), and the Alpha Monocerotids (active Nov. 21).

Clear Skies!

Robert Lunsford