(meteorobs) Re: Robert Lunsford

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Wed Oct 26 16:40:30 EDT 2005

Jason and All,

The reason I am downplaying the Leonids is because they too peak during a
bright moon and will be significantly weaker than the Geminids. While the
Leonids are important I certainly would not advertise them as a major shower
this year, especially to a newcomer to meteor observing, since the display
will be weak and badly affected by the intense moonlight.

Robert Lunsford