(meteorobs) Any Fireball Reports for Northern IL 2005-Oct-27?

Al Degutis al.degutis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 08:21:09 EDT 2005

Driving home from a play in Rockford, IL heading eastbound between
22:00 and 22:15 CDT (03:00-03:15 UT) my wife and I spotted part of a
fireball that started somewhere overhead heading toward the northeast.
>From our vantage point of the car (no moon roof), it came down into
view from the top of the windshield and only lasted two seconds. It
was approximately mag -2 (maybe brigher) and as best as we can tell it
was white. No train was visible to us. Considering I was driving, I
was limited in seeing and tracing it but it disappeared well before
reaching the horizon, probably about 60-70 degrees above the horizon.

Hopefully someone else saw it and is able to provide a better report.

Clear skies,
Al Degutis