(meteorobs) Meteor Magnitude - Along Path or Terminal Burst?

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 29 17:22:29 EDT 2005

If this is covered elsewhere in the online resources,
my apologies.  I have poked around and did not see it
mentioned anywhere.

I am just wondering, for a meteor with a medium to
long path that ends in a brighter flash, should the
magnitude of the meteor "in flight" or the magnitude
of the final flash be recorded as the meteor's
magnitude?  I supect the "path" brightness with the
flash brightness as a note, correct?

Thanks,
Bill Godley,
Oklahoma, USA