(meteorobs) East Georgia, USA Observations: Oct 29/30, 2005 (YOUKI) -

Kim kimhay at kingston.net
Sun Oct 30 14:38:25 EST 2005

On 30 Oct 2005 at 12:27, Kim Youmans wrote:

Here , here Kim Y,

It was clear last night, then the transparency was not the greatest,
nor were the high cirrus cloud.  I was out looking at Mars of course.

Was up earlier in the am from 3:00 to 5:00 edt (before the time
change fixed on the clocks) and saw some nice meteors.

Though not counting, I did manage to see 2 early Leonids, 1 sporadic,
and 1 very long with a 30 degree tail, which was an Orionid.

It was nice to see the meteors again.....now today, we are dealing
with high cirrus, and back to cloud for the rest of the week.

Kim H in Canada