(meteorobs) Re: [IMO-News] New Meteor on Mars?

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Mon Oct 31 11:23:03 EST 2005

andre>  >>It looks like a new meteor on the Mars   sky...<<

> >In the same frame, there also appears to be  two more smaller possible
meteor
> steaks, that seems to meet at a  common radiant. These other two have
streak
> directions contrary  to the star trails.
> George  Zay<<

>>seems that there may be a third meteor, that matches the same  radiant,
very short and on the opposite side, near the longest meteor. Are  there any
shower predictions for mars?
Ulrich<<

I'm not able to make out the third possible short streak. The other  two
short streaks seems to have about the right path lengths for an  apparent meteor
radiant. They are fuzzy, but I get the sense that I'm  seeing a slight feathery
look to them. If meteors, then most likely somewhat  fast in entry
velocity...a 4 or 5 on the speed scale. Slow meteors aren't  likely to produce visible
trains...especially when there might be two on one  frame.
George Zay