(meteorobs) A new look for the IMO website

Luc Bastiaens lba at urania.be
Thu Sep 8 12:04:05 EDT 2005

Hi,

As some of you have no doubt already noticed, the IMO website has
experienced a serious facelift. The old design has been around since the
launch of the site in 1996 and was long overdue for some attention.

Alas we dusted away the spiders webs from the website and it finally
received the attention it deserves with a complete re-make.  It's now
based on the open-source Content Management System Drupal and has a new
simple and clean design.

While the old site already had a huge amount of information available it
was often hard to find.  We have moved all of this information into a
structure so that everybody can simply find what they need much easier.
With the launch of the new website, there are also some interesting new
things available.

Some of the more important things:

- an electronic report form for your visual observations (summary reports)
Give it a try for your next report!

- IMO Meteor Shower Calendar 2006.  As usual, we welcome translations of
the shower calendar, please contact me for the details if you want to
contribute a translation.

- A central place for all data archives. Note the updated VMDB archive.

- An electronic membership registration form and a new who-is-who page,
which should be more up-to-date than the old one.  If you see mistakes in
the list, you know where to find us...

We've put a lot of effort into improving the website, now it's your
turn... Please let us know if you have any comments, suggestions,
questions or remarks. Particularly if anything appears to not work
properly, or if you have ideas for improvements, definitely tell us at:

webmaster at imo.net

Enjoy!

See you next week at the IMC!

Luc