(meteorobs) Meteors from 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3 late May-early June 2006?

Alister aling at telus.net
Tue Sep 20 19:26:41 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am begining preparations for my Astronomy column on comets, when I came
across the return of 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3 that will occur this
upcoming June. However, it broke apart during its last return, and Gary
Kronk's meteor page suggests that we should be on guard for a possible
(large) jump in meteor activity in early June.

Any thoughts from the experts on the list? Using the 3-D Java applet from
NASA I get a plane crossing just after May 30, but that method is far from
precise. Also, trails can be picked up a few days on either side on
favorable revolutions.

Sorry the event is so far from now, but publishing deadlines are almost a
1/2 year in advance (I am writing March right now).

Any information is appreciated.
Thanks,
Alister Ling.