(meteorobs) Off-topic: Tail of the Minotaur

josephasmus at cox.net josephasmus at cox.net
Fri Sep 23 11:38:33 EDT 2005

Hi all,

During this quiet time I thought I'd post a note and let everyone the list know those of of on the West Coast of the US were treated last night to a beautiful rocket launch.

A Minotaur rocket carrying a military satellite was launched from Vandenberg AFB in California last night at 7:24PM. Clear skies in San diego allowed us to see the entire thing. A quick call to Bob L. confirmed that he had been out watching it as well.  There is a story at the following link:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20050922-1958-ca-rocketlaunch.html

And there is also a gallery of great pictures here:

http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=minotaur

Joseph
San Diego, CA