(meteorobs) Large Meteor in South Florida

Adam Knight adamknight at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 13:59:56 EDT 2005

Greetings,

Last night around 7pm EDT, I captured an extraordinary event. As I was
pumping gas near my house in Fort Lauderdale, FL, I witnessed a meteor of
great proportion. The low, grumbling, popping sounds is what caught my
attention; then the bright light was spectacular. The meteor seemed to be
traveling from due South to due North, following the South Florida
coastline. The object was traveling at a very high rate of velocity and left
a contrail across the sky. I have captured portions of this contrail in the
attached photo. The bright puff of smoke in the both the center and right
areas of the photo came from the object I saw.

Best regards,

Adam Knight

Fort Lauderdale, FL