(meteorobs) Fireball Interview Network - Pacific NWest States

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 8 18:19:53 EDT 2006

       To our American friends in the Pacific North West States:

I coordinate the efforts to track down fireballs observed over B.C. and
the Pacific North West.  Dr. Jeremy Tatum, sometime ago, set up a network of
volunteers that would go out and interview observers of such an event and
take the necessary instrumental, (compass, clinometer, etc) measurements.
As time passes this network has  crumbled so we are looking for volunteers
interested in joining our group.  Sadly, this is a non paying job and you
must provide your own equipment.  The satisfaction is your contribution to
meteoritics.
    Our network consists of two Sandia All-sky patrol cameras on Vancouver
Island along with volunteer interviewers.  We hope one day to get lucky and
perhaps recover a meteorite.  A difficult task because of our rugged terrain
but if you don't do this one will never be found.
    Please contact me if you are interested in joining this effort.

Ed Majden  B.C. - Fireball Network Coordinator - AMS Meteor Spectroscopy
West Coast Sandia Bolide Detection Station
Courtenay B.C. CANADA

http://members.shaw.ca/epmajden/index.htm