(meteorobs) Not much Lyrids activity this morning

Jan Verfl Verfl.meteors at seznam.cz
Sat Apr 22 09:10:49 EDT 2006

Hello all,

this morning from 23:30 to 2:00 UT  I made some watch with a few friends about 20 kilometers SE from Prague, Czech Republic, Central Europe. Under moderate conditions (lm about 6.0) caused by the relative nearness of the 1-milion city, we did not see any remarkable acitivy - I have no exact data with me now, but my feeling is that I could have seen just about 10-15 Lyrdis during that 2,5 hour period. But some of them were nicely bright about 0 to -2 mag with short colourful persistene trails. Unfortunately now it's getting cloudy here for the coming night.

Wishing better skies elsewhere,
Jan Verfl