(meteorobs) Strange event

Javor Kac javor.kac at orion-drustvo.si
Thu Apr 27 08:22:45 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I caught strange event(s) with one of my meteor cameras earlier
this week. They entered my camera's FOV on April 24, 2006 at
19:05:12.64 UT and the last detection was at 19:05:25.08 UT.
It looks like two separate events (possibly satellites or space junk).

I have combined the images an put them at
http://www2.arnes.si/~mborion4/temp/20060424-1905UT.jpg
The viewing direction was SE, the brightest star in the lower left is
Arcturus. The recorded angular velocity was 1.7 degrees/second.
The camera was located at Longitude= 14.545 deg and Latitude=
46.239 deg.

Is there anybody who could help me identify the objects?

Many thanks, and clear skies!
Javor

Slovenska Bistrica, Slovenia -- 46ø23'24N - 15ø33'47E - 288m
E-mail: javor.kac at orion-drustvo.si
Personal homepage:  http://www2.arnes.si/~mborion4/javor-E.htm
MBK Team: http://www.orion-drustvo.si/MBKTeam/mbkteam.htm
Orion Astronomical Society:  http://www.orion-drustvo.si