(meteorobs) Re: [MetRec] Strange event

Pavel Spurny spurny at asu.cas.cz
Thu Apr 27 09:33:15 EDT 2006

Hi Javor and all,

> I caught strange event(s) with one of my meteor cameras earlier
> this week. They entered my camera's FOV on April 24, 2006 at
> 19:05:12.64 UT and the last detection was at 19:05:25.08 UT.
> It looks like two separate events (possibly satellites or space junk).
>
> I have combined the images an put them at
> http://www2.arnes.si/~mborion4/temp/20060424-1905UT.jpg
> The viewing direction was SE, the brightest star in the lower left is
> Arcturus. The recorded angular velocity was 1.7 degrees/second.
> The camera was located at Longitude= 14.545 deg and Latitude=
> 46.239 deg.
>
> Is there anybody who could help me identify the objects?

I cannot say that we definitively observed the same event, but coincidentally we
tested our new TV cameras this evening and similarly we saw at Ondrejov Obs. two
slowly moving objects with constant distance (several degrees) both with the
same brightness (about +3 mag ?) which moved approximately in N-S direction.
Time of our observation was about 40 minutes later. These objects had typical
satellite appearance.

Best regards,
Pavel Spurny