(meteorobs) Strange event

Javor Kac javor.kac at orion-drustvo.si
Thu Apr 27 12:57:21 EDT 2006

Hi Marco and All,

> Interesting! No satellite matches!
>
> Only 3 satellites/satellite fragments come within 3 degrees of
> the reported positions within 2 minutes of the reported times
> (IRIDIUM 69, COSMOS 886 DEB, ASTEX 1): but none of these
> was moving in the correct direction (all were moving almost
> perpendicular to the observed direction) so they can be 100%
> excluded.
>
> The search was for all catalogued orbits plus classifieds orbs.
Do these include possible re-entries and small space junk?

> An option could perhaps be aircraft (?).
Possibly, although not very likely. Airplanes I have recorded so far
all looked very different and have shown signs of blinking.

Clear skies!
Javor

Slovenska Bistrica, Slovenia -- 46ø23'24N - 15ø33'47E - 288m
E-mail: javor.kac at orion-drustvo.si
Personal homepage:  http://www2.arnes.si/~mborion4/javor-E.htm
MBK Team: http://www.orion-drustvo.si/MBKTeam/mbkteam.htm
Orion Astronomical Society:  http://www.orion-drustvo.si