(meteorobs) Re: Very bright fireball over central Texas

Thomas Dorman drygulch_99 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 23:12:11 EDT 2006

Hi.Ed
Your event was a bolide meteor.Just from the video of
the event it was moving more than 2 degrees a second
that is plain to see.This was mother nature's
fireworks
Just a note on July 21 we had another event over here
in far west Texas.The event was at 10:09PM MDT.Jim
Gamble thinks it reach the magnitude of near the full
Moon.This was with the bolide near our horizon.So it
had to be over two hundred miles out to our
south-southeast over old Mexico.
I do not know if you have any seismographic station in
your area but you may wish to check an see if they
have a record of the sonic boom event.Also since you
are talking to the news media you may ask them to ask
local business to check their security system for
video and audio of the sonic boom.
Regards
Thomas Dorman
Horizon City,Texas