(meteorobs) Observation July 28/29, 2006 from Slovenia

Javor Kac javor.kac at guest.arnes.si
Thu Aug 3 19:15:33 EDT 2006

Hi,

this is my last report for July. The evening of July 28 was clear and we
were looking forward to another good night of observations. Soon we
noticed an intense thunderstorm in the distance to the west with
occasional sprites flashing upwards. The sky was still clear at our
location so we decided to try to observe. This was a difficult task as the
sky lit up brightly every few seconds. I observed for one hour and noted
22 meteors. Soon after midnight clouds covered the sky so we packed our
gear just in time to get away from the storm.

The final night of the Camp was mostly cloudy so no observations were
possible.

CLear skies!
Javor

The Summary: