(meteorobs) Perseids 2006 prediction

David Stine david at exposquare.com
Mon Aug 7 10:00:11 EDT 2006

Mikhail and all,

Which night and morning would you say would be the best chance of seeing
the most meteors if you only had one night to watch......purposes of a
public star party..... The night of the 11th and morning of the 12th or
the night of the 12th and morning of the 13th.  I have heard that the
Perseids really drop off after they peak and or less bright.  This year
the peak comes in daylight for me about 19:30-20:30UT Saturday but by
2300UT it is dark but again after the peak.  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

David Stine
Comet-1
Astronomy Club of Tulsa Observing Chairman