(meteorobs) Perseids 2006 prediction

Mikhail Maslov ast3 at ngs.ru
Mon Aug 7 11:38:43 EDT 2006

Hello, David,

In Tulsa (Oklahoma, I guess) Perseids can be observed 14-15 hours
before the maximum and 6-7 hours after it. Perseid maximum is quite
broad, I do not think, they will significantly decrease only 7 hours
after the peak. So I would choose the night 12/13 August. Their whole
decline is very fast - on 15-16 August they gave only a few meteors
per hour. But several hours after the max they should still be strong.

Best regard, Mikhail Maslov