(meteorobs) Meteor watch July 27-28 (VANMC)

Michel Vandeputte michelvandeputte at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 9 13:12:08 EDT 2006

Day: 27-28    Month: July    Year: 2006
begin: 21.25 UT        end: 22.25 UT
Location: Entrecasteaux (dep Var)  - France    long.  6.5 E    lat.  43.6 N    alt ?
Observer: Vandeputte Michel        IMO code: VANMC
Method: tape recorder, counting
Field: south

Observed showers:

Perseids    alfa 27° / delta 55°
Capricornids     alfa 305° / delta -10°
Southern Delta Aquarids    alfa 338° / delta -17°
Northern Delta Aquarids    alfa 325° / delta -8° or ANT meteors

Interval analyse

Period            Teff        F        LM     PER    CAP    SDA    NDA     SPOR

21.25-22.25    1.00    1.00    6.70        1        2        4        1        13     =21 meteors

Magnitude distributions

PER       +4(1) N 1 Mean 4.00
SDA       +2(3)+4(1) N 4 Mean 2.25
NDA       +4(1) N 1 Mean 4.00
CAP       +2(1)+3(1) N 2 Mean 2.50
SPOR     +1(1)+2(2)+3(3)+4(6)+5(1) N 13 Mean 3.31

Remarks

Fifth night of the meteor camp and the most cloudiest night of the whole week. After the first interval; clouds moved in from the west with rainfall during the early morning hours. During this night, I observed meteors from an other place in the Provence, together with DMS observer Koen Miskotte. Elas, clouds decided for us we should get some sleep...Also on July 28th,  the French Provence was covered with severe thunderstorms.

Kind regards,

Michel.