(meteorobs) Perseid Observations Aug. 12

Arlene Carol arlene.carol at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 15:26:32 EDT 2006

Well, we've got another meteor watcher! My daughter was out with us last
night but wasn't quite 'wow-ed' enough but tonight she's hooked.

we started watching at 9:05 PM while the western sky was still light.
luckily, we were out there early because at 9:13 PM (local time) we had our
socks knocked off with a super earthgrazer (definitely a Perseid) that
slow-motioned itself across almost 1/2 the sky...a beautiful golden
color...a meteor never to be forgotten.

we only stayed out for an hour...it got too chilly at 10PM so we called it
quits.

we saw a definite 5Perseids and 5 sporatics.Plus the requisite number of
satellites and airplanes.

the moon is rising and so that's it for this evening.

have a great viewing tonight...enjoy.

Arlene & Co.
south of Troy