(meteorobs) perseids 12th aug

KCStarguy at aol.com KCStarguy at aol.com
Sun Aug 13 21:18:19 EDT 2006

South of Kansas City , Louisbourg, KS.

Basicly I was not worried about the count but looking for bright ones.
After doing my gig with   the astro club presentation and helping out , I sat
down and watched.

What made the night was a beautiful -2 yellow sporadic (did not come from the
radiant Perseus) fireball that came out of the constellation Casseiopie at
10:05 (Central time) and sped south for 1 second . About 30 degrees , it ended
with a green trail .75 seconds.
4 minutes later there was another ones less bright but almost parallel to
this. Made me think there    was possibly a minor shower going on.
I only saw 3 Perseids though ending at 12:16 when the moon came up over the
observatory.

 But that fireball was memorable and that was more important then the
numbers. That   fireball made the meteor watch worthwhile.

Anyone else see the posssibility of a minor shower near Casseiopia?

Dr. Eric Flescher (kcstarguy at aol.com), Olathe, KS: State of Kansas Solar
System Ambassador: Comet Observers Coordinator- Astronomy   League/ Astronomical
Society of Kansas, KC, MO-Louisburg,KS:
http://www.astroleague.org/al/obsclubs/comet/comet.htm:   CometObserversAwardAL-subscribe at yahoogroups.comDr. Eric
Flescher (kcstarguy at aol.com), Olathe, KS: State of Kansas Solar System
Ambassador:
E.O.A.S. (Earth, Oceans, Atmosphere and Space Blog) -<
http://www.xanga.com/dreric1kansas>
: Subscribe to (send your email to)< blacksuneclipse-subscribe at egroups.com>
:Eric's Black Sun Eclipse Website-
http://members.aol.com/kcstarguy/blacksun/eclipse.htm: Satori Astronomy Website-