(meteorobs) just by chance

Arlene Carol arlene.carol at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 15:50:48 EDT 2006

I had no intention of meteor watching this evening. but the house was slow
to cool off and there
was a nice breeze outside so we went out to 'chill out'...it was the first
time i had sat out behind the house (north side of the house) to checkout
the skies - it's not a place we usually go to look at the evening sky
because there's a big bright street light about 25 feet from the corner of
the house ...which is funny since it's just a dirt lane, not a 'real' road!
but there's also a big bushy pine tree between where i was sitting and the
light so it blocked the light very effectively. by habit, i was looking
up...time was 10:10PM...i was only out for 25 minutes under less than
'ideal' conditions (due to the street light) but i saw two Perseids of good
quality and two sporatics. Now i'm going to sit in the courtyard of the
house - south side and no street light -- until the moon rises and see what
I can see. if it's worth telling you about, i'll report in later. if not,
then you know i either fell asleep or gave up...at any rate, i expect it to
be cooler out there than in here.

clear skies everyone...the Perseids are still with us apparently.

Arlene
south of Troy