(meteorobs) Meteor Magnitude Estimation - Useful Data for Less Than PerfectSkies?

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 16 01:02:57 EDT 2006

Roberto,

Thanks for your reply.  Maybe I did oversimplify.  I
understand that there are many other factors to take
into account to make this a rigorous analysis, and
that showers observed, elevation, "seeing", etc. are
just some of the factors to consider.  Nonetheless, I
thought this approach might be good enough to see if
my counts were somewhat similar to other observers and
whether I generally over- or underestimate the
brightness of the meteors that I see.

Maybe after I log another 1,000 I'll get more
rigorous.

Regards,
Bill