(meteorobs) The Aurigids in 2007: Jenniskens expects a ZHR of 400+

Jan Verfl verfl.meteors at seznam.cz
Sat Aug 19 11:12:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

on http://astro.cas.cz/nuncius/ you can find the IAU's GA daily newspaper
(okay, that's a bit of  self-propagation, i'm one of the editors:) and in
the 6th issue down there look on the first page - there is an article from
Dr. Jenniskens and Dr. Vaubaillon, approximately equal to Dr. Jenniskens'
yesterday's annoucement.  He also speaks there about his coming book about
meteor showers which shall be available somewhere in september, I think, and
which can probably provide more information on the topic.  Indeed, I have
already seen that book (together with the pleasure to meet Dr. Jenniskens
personally when he came to our office yesterday morning) and it looks really
great.

Unfortunatelly, my timezone is UTC +1 so I'll probably miss it all, but one
year can be long enough to plan an overseas trip...

Jan