(meteorobs) Correction re: my Perseids report

Bruce McCurdy bmccurdy at telusplanet.net
Mon Aug 21 01:13:50 EDT 2006

Further to my Perseids report of August 13, I have conferred with my
observing buddy Alister Ling as recorded below. In retrospect I am more
satisfied with his estimate of limiting magnitude than my own. Accordingly I
wish to alter my limiting magnitude estimate, and submit the revised report
at bottom.

My apologies (blush!), but I'd rather get it right.

Bruce
*****

*****

> Based on the visibility of the Milky Way, I'd say it was closer to 5.6 -
> perhaps even better.
> Alister.
*****

Observer: Bruce McCurdy
Location: Blackfoot Staging Area ~ 112.78° W., 53.54° N.
Date: 2006 August 13, 8h-10h UT
Teff = 2.0 hours
LM = 5.6
Hour 1
(15-minute bins)              PER    KCG   SPO

8h UT - 8:15                      7           1        1
8:15 - 8:30                        10          -         1
8:30 - 8:45                          4          1         -
8:45 - 9h                           10          -         -
                                          31          2        2
Hour 2
(10-minute bins)                PER      KCG   SPO

9h UT - 9:10                       4            -        1
9:10 - 9:20                          3            -        1
9:20 - 9:30                          7            -        1
9:30 - 9:40                          5            -        1
9:40 - 9:50                          5            -         -
9:50 - 10h                           4            -         -
                                         28            -         4