(meteorobs) kappa-Cygnid? fireball over the Hebrides

meteors at eclipse.net meteors at eclipse.net
Mon Aug 21 18:31:42 EDT 2006

There was another report on 19 Aug in Southern CA that was possibly
attributed to the KCG's. I believe it was orbital debris of some kind due
to > 1 minute visibility.
Besides, kappa Cygs are just not that common. Lots of hours, few but very
pretty meteors.
I noted the BBC article referred to KCG's as bluish white.
I've seen more than a few that were a beautiful gold color (and I'm not
very perceptive with meteor colors) and two have had showers of sparks
coming off of them. Nice!

Meteor Wayne