(meteorobs) Correction re: my Perseids report

meteors at eclipse.net meteors at eclipse.net
Tue Aug 22 11:23:40 EDT 2006

Bruce,
   I too was a bit distracted that night. The last decade, the Perseids
have been so...well, crappy (Summer haze lit by light pollution, clear
skies for 300 miles in all directions except for the unforecast
thunderstorm that formed over the observatory and refused to move,
dumping 3 inches of rain, etc) that I use it more as a public education
night. I gave a short talk on the Perseids, and stayed for a few hours.
Lots of "public" around which makes accurate observing hard. I was also
the last observatory responsible person on duty, so had to tour the
grounds a few times for security reasons.
Also I am out of practice as life and weather have conspired to cut down
on my sky time.
I'm not real comfortable with my LM estimated for that night either.
I'm looking forward to falls drier air!

Wayne