(meteorobs) need an answer quickly

Nikola Bilišskov nbilis at irb.hr
Thu Aug 24 05:43:39 EDT 2006

I think I told you a few days ago about a young shepherd in a village not
> too far away that is an avid astronomer...which is quite a feat since
> he's
> only had an elementary school education. Well, his brother is here at the
> house now visiting and after hearing about the telescope that this kid
> (kid?
> he's in his early 20s) made with a water pipe, coke bottle bottom and eye
> glasses...i was wondering if we might be able to do better.
>
> i have an old professional Minolta camera with about 5 extra
> lenses...one is
> a telephoto lens...  f=135mm..
>
> if i 'donated' it to this young man...can he improve on his sky gazing
> or it
> is a foolish thing to give away (i mean, i have no use for it..the
> camera is
> broken and cannot be repaired apparently so the lenses are superfluous
Hi, Arlene,
I have some experience with this kind of people. And this experience is
full of nice surprises with their crystal clear minds, free of our
constrained creativity due to academical type of knowledge. They could
really do everything from almost nothing!
So, if you give your camera to this guy, I'm sure that he will repair it
and do with it more than good job. And I'm sure he will be very grateful
for this gift.
Nikola