(meteorobs) outburst kappa cygnids?

Michel Vandeputte michelvandeputte at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 31 13:02:11 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Today I saw the mails about a possible outburst during August 29-30. Well; I also was active that night between 00.45-03.25 UT. I observed for 2.14 hours during the clear moments (some periods were overcastted by lower clouds for 10-15 minutes) and I definitely saw now suspicious enhanced activity from a meteor source in Cygnus. I observed no Kappa Cygnids; but I saw one slow magnitude +2 , kappa Cygnid liked, meteor with long trail trough Andromeda witch virtiually came from the left side from Cygnus, not from the Kappa cygnid radiant. There also was some Alfa Aurigid activity.

Last year I observed my latest Kappa Cygnid during August 30-31.

Kind regards

Michel.